Momentive Hiring Associate-Haz Com Bachelors of Engineering / Pharmacy / Masters’ degree in Chemistry, Biology, Life Science, Environmental Science, Industrial Hygiene or equivalent
This position assures continuity and growth of the business by complying with regulations applicable to the company’s products and business activities. Executes transactional processes as necessary, to ensure day-to-day compliance with applicable hazard communication regulations. Responsible for Safety Data Sheet and label generation and maintenance. Participates in the screening of new raw materials and Management of Change (MOC) processes. Provides regulatory approval in the New Product Introduction (NPI), product extension, and product translation processes. This role will provide regulatory support to both internal and external customers, lead/ contribute to development of new concepts, techniques, and standards and ongoing implementation and continuous improvement of product safety, hazard communication, and regulatory processes and system support.
- Responsible for evaluating the Supplier documents and maintain the up-to-date information in EHS specification for raw materials used across various Momentive locations.
- Provides regulatory approval in the material master workflow for raw material creation, extensions by ensuring that the regional hazard communication needs have been satisfied.
- Responsible for the preparation and update of Safety Data Sheets and labels for raw materials, intermediates, and finished products using standard systems and processes as per the regional regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for material introduction (NPI), classifications and labelling (includes dangerous goods classifications with SME inputs).
- Interacts with and responds to global customers, suppliers, and other applicable functions in supporting hazard communication and regulatory compliance needs
- Develops understanding and application of regulatory principles, concepts, practices, and in-depth knowledge of industry practices pertaining to Hazard communication. Initiates necessary actions related to changing chemical regulations in various world regions.
- Drives projects related to Raw material maintenance and compliance as identified.
- Ensures compliance through management of regulatory checks/blocks.
- Contributes to SAP EHS data management and system integrity.
- Supports change management by initiating Notification of Change (NOC)
- Participates in Procurement Management of Change (MOC) processes.
- Establishes, manages, and/or reports metrics for work and/or tie into global reporting to assure progress with respect to compliance and business growth is measured and communicated
- Basic Qualifications/ Requirements
- Bachelors of Engineering / Pharmacy / Masters’ degree in Chemistry, Biology, Life Science, Environmental Science, Industrial Hygiene or equivalent
- 0-3 years of relevant experience working in/ for a chemical/petrochemical or related industry with at least 5 years of Product Stewardship and Regulatory Compliance/ Environmental Health and Safety/Occupational Safety and Industrial Hygiene or other applicable experience.
- Good English verbal, written and presentation skills
- Computer literate in standard Microsoft office systems
- Experience in troubleshooting to allow development of sound resolution of issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills and has ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Self-motivated with ability to work on tight deadlines and changing priorities
- SDS authoring experience with understanding of GHS and regional regulations applicable for Hazard communication
- SAP EHS experience
- Knowledge on Dangerous good regulations
GET UPDATES EVERY TIME AND SHARE UPDATES WITH JOB SEEKERS