Work as Clinical Surveillance Scientist at Lilly | B.Pharm, M.Pharm apply
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response. Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Post : Clinical Surveillance Scientist
Signal Detection and Safety Data Evaluation
- Drive the identification, analysis, and evaluation of safety signals that arise from multiple internal and external data sources to determine signals or risks that could result in changes to labels and/or benefit-risk profile and consult and collaborate with other safety personnel as appropriate.
- Develop and review label changes and labelling modifications in collaboration with teams, regulatory and legal.
- Apply effective communication skills to lead and facilitate safety team meetings for compounds in clinical development and marketed products
- Define data acquisition strategy, methodology, and approach for safety evaluations. Perform analysis of safety data and lead authoring of safety topic reports
- Collaborate with safety physicians, medical directors, pharmacoepidemiologists, and other personnel as appropriate to ensure thorough evaluation and aggregate analysis of safety data, demonstrating the ability to understand and communicate scientific issues and strategy
- Communicate relevant safety information to core team, business partners, and key stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Apply judgment based decision making principles to contribute to key scientific/clinical discussions
Risk Assessment, Regulatory Inquiries, and Periodic Reporting
- Lead analysis of safety data and author relevant safety sections of global regulatory inquiries and periodic reports including Development Safety Update Reports (DSURs), Periodic Adverse Drug Experience Report (PADER)/ Periodic Adverse Experience Report (PAER), Periodic Safety Update Reports (PSURs), Periodic Benefit-Risk Evaluation Reports (PBRERs), and Risk Management Plans (RMPs)
- Provide input to safety communications in the form of labeling, medical information inquiries, and healthcare professional (HCP) letters
Promote and Advance the Field of Pharmacovigilance
- Responsible for effective communication and influence with internal Lilly customers (e.g. medical, regulatory, labeling) and external stakeholders (e.g. FDA, MHRA, EMA, other regulatory agencies)
- Accelerate the advancement of and contribute to the development and coaching of peers and less experienced employees
- Identify and develop innovative approaches to continuously improve organizational effectiveness and productivity
- Effectively function and communicate as part of inclusive cross functional teams (e.g. GPS Medical CRS/CRP, Pharmacoepidemiologists, Research and Business Unit team members, other safety personnel) that foster trust, respect, and accountability
- Demonstrate and apply pharmacovigilance knowledge, including the role of the QPPV, to ensure compliance with local laws and regulations
- Adhere to requirements in quality system documents and process improvement initiatives to ensure compliance with local laws and regulations