INDIAN OIL CORPORATION LIMITED Notification for Engagement of Apprentices B.Sc. (Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry/ Industrial Chemistry) Matric /ITI (Fitter) Diploma in Chemical Engg. / Refinery & Petro-Chemical Engg. Mechanical Engg. Electronics / Instrumentation & Control Engg B.A./B.Sc/B.Com Class XII pass
Notification for Engagement of Apprentices Indian Oil Corporation Limited, one of the largest commercial undertaking in India and a Fortune “Global 500” Company, as a measure of Skill Building Initiative for the Nation, invites applications from candidates for engagement as Apprentices at its Refineries under Apprentices Act, 1961/1973 (as amended) in the Trade / Discipline mentioned below. Educational Qualification, Number of seats in Apprentice category including likely reservation (as per the prescribed reservation of the concerned state) and other eligibility criteria / parameters shall be as under
IMPORTANT NOTES A. Qualification criteria:
- The prescribed qualification for Class XII / Graduate / Diploma holders should be from a recognized Board/ University/Institute as a regular full time course in the relevant trade/discipline with minimum 50% marks (45% for SC/ST and PwBD category candidates for the seats reserved for them) in aggregate. Wherever CGPA/OGPA or Letter Grade is awarded in the Class XII/ ITI (Fitter)/Degree/Diploma examinations, its equivalent aggregate percentage of marks must be indicated in the On-line Application as per the norms adopted by Board/University/Institute. Candidates will have to furnish certificate from the concerned University/Institute regarding the equivalent aggregate percentage of marks with reference to their CGPA/OGPA or Letter Grade at the time of document verification failing which their candidature will not be considered.
- For ITI qualification in the relevant trade, eligibility shall be pass marks. Only regular full time ITI course recognised by NCVT/SCVT shall be considered.
- Diploma / Graduation/ ITI in Branch / Subjects as specified against respective Trade/ Discipline above will ONLY be considered as eligible qualification. Diploma / Graduation/ ITI in other than specified Branch / Subjects shall not be considered.
- No Claim of possession of a qualification equivalent to a prescribed qualification shall be entertained. 5. Under Code 110, “Fresher apprentice” will be considered. “Fresher apprentice” means a non-graduate apprentice, who has not undergone any institutional training or skill training, before taking up on-the-job training or practical training under the Apprentices Act, 1961. 6. Under Code 111, Skill Certificate Holders will be considered. Candidates applying against Code 111 with Skill Certificate in ‘Domestic Data Entry Operator’ should possess skill certificate for training of less than one year issued by an awarding body recognised under National Skill Qualifications Framework or any other authority recognised by the Central Govt. in this regard.
5.Candidates possessing Diploma in Engineering in relevant trade / discipline under recognized lateral entry scheme (Class–XII (Sc.)/ ITI admitted in 2nd year of Diploma course) shall also be considered eligible subject to meeting prescribed percentage of marks on the basis of aggregate of all semesters in the diploma course.
- Candidates holding a qualification acquired through part-time/correspondence/distance education mode are not eligible. 9. Candidates possessing higher professional qualifications such as BE/B.Tech, MBA, CA, LLB, MCA or any such equivalent qualification or pursuing higher qualification and having completed the same on or before joining Page 4 of 8 apprenticeship training, shall not be eligible. A declaration from the candidate in this regard shall be obtained at the time of engagement. 10. A candidate should not have undergone Apprenticeship Training earlier or has been pursuing Apprenticeship Training under the Apprentices Act.
- Candidates having undergone training and /or having job experience for a period of one year or more after the attainment of the qualification shall not be eligible for being engaged as Technician Apprentices.
- Candidates who have completed three years after acquiring the prescribed qualification as on date of reckoning eligibility criteria shall also not be eligible for engagement as Technician Apprentices.
- A candidate with B.Sc. (Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/Industrial Chemistry) will be allowed to apply for only one Trade/Discipline (either for code 101, 103 or 108) in a Refinery. A candidate with B.Com will be allowed to apply for one Trade/Discipline (either for code 108 or 109) in a Refinery.
- Candidates applying for more than one Trade/Discipline will not be considered and their applications will be summarily rejected.
- In case the date of declaration of result is not mentioned in the Mark Sheet, the candidate shall be required to submit a certificate mentioning the date of publication of result from the Principal of the School/Polytechnic/ College/Institute from where the candidate pursued his/her Class XII/ITI(Fitter)/Graduation/Diploma course, at the time of Document Verification.
- The disciplines/trades notified above involve undertaking training in operations & maintenance activities in plant area. Petroleum Refining is considered as complex and hazardous process and as such Persons with Benchmark Disabilities with the prescribed qualification may be engaged only against the identified seats/numbers in select disciplines, as indicated above. PwBDs are required to submit a certificate issued by an authority prescribed under Section 2(e) of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act 2016 read with Rule 18 of Rules made thereunder, failing which their candidature as PwBD candidate, will not be considered.
- Age Limit: 1. Minimum 18 years and maximum age shall be 24 years as on 31-10-2021 for General/EWS candidates. Relaxation of upper age limit to SC/ST/OBC(NCL)/PwBD candidates shall be extended as per Govt. guidelines.
- Marksheet/Certificate issued by Board of Secondary Education for passing Matriculation (Class X) Examination shall be the only acceptable document in support of age.
Document verification: Candidates shortlisted on the basis of their position in the merit list and subject to number of seats in respective Trades/Disciplines, shall be called for Document Verification.
The following original documents along with a selfattested copy should be furnished at the time of Document Verification:
- 10th Pass/Matriculation certificate issued by the concerned education board as proof of date of birth.
- Class XII marksheet issued by the concerned education board; Semester-wise/ year-wise mark sheets of ITI (Fitter) issued by NCVT or SCVT/Graduation/Diploma in Engineering
- Class XII/Final ITI (Fitter) issued by NCVT or SCVT/Graduation/Diploma Certificate issued by respective Board/ Authority.
- Conversion certificate from CGPA/OGPA/Letter Grade to percentage of marks, if applicable, from concerned University/Institute.
- Certificate mentioning the date of publication of result from the Principal of the Polytechnic/ School/College/ Institute from where the candidate pursued his/her Class XII/ITI (Fitter)/ Graduation/ Diploma course, if applicable.
- SC/ ST/ Disability Certificate / OBC (NCL) Certificate alongwith “Declaration” / EWS-Income & Asset Certificate/ “DECLARATION for ECONOMICALLY WEAKER SECTIONS Candidates”. Certificate must be in the prescribed format (available on websites www.iocl.com and www.iocrefrecruit.in ) and issued by the Competent Authority.
- For Candidates applying against Code 111 with Skill Certificate in ‘Domestic Data Entry Operator’ – Skill certificate issued by an awarding body recognised under National Skill Qualifications Framework or any other authority recognised by the Central Govt. in this regard. 8. Any other Certificate, as specified
Further information regarding written examination, call letters, results, etc. shall be made available through the websites www.iocl.com / www.iocrefrecruit.in or through email. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep visiting the websites www.iocl.com/ www.iocrefrecruit.in and check their registered email regularly
TO VIEW ADVERTISEMENT CLICK HERE