ADMISSION TO NII Ph.D. PROGRAMME FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2022-23 M.Tech., M.B.B.S., M.V.Sc., M.Pharm., Integrated M.Sc
The National Institute of Immunology is committed to advanced research addressing the basic mechanisms involved in body’s defence to identify modalities for manipulation of the immune system to provide protection against diseases and understand mechanisms that can be used to target disease processes for intervention. The institute’s research thrust areas under immunology and related disciplines cluster in four main themes, namely, infection and immunity, molecular design, gene regulation and reproduction and development, where cutting edge research in modern biology is being carried out. National Institute of Immunology invites applications from eligible candidates for its Ph.D. programme. Cutting-edge research at NII encompasses broad interdisciplinary areas of Immunology, Infectious and Chronic Disease Biology, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Chemical Biology, Structural Biology and Computational Biology.
- M.Sc. in any branch of science (e.g. Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics), M.Tech., M.B.B.S., M.V.Sc., M.Pharm., Integrated M.Sc., or equivalent qualification as per the norms of the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi.
- At least 60% aggregate score or equivalent grade in Senior Secondary Certificate (10+2) and Bachelor’s degree and 55% aggregate score or equivalent grade in Master’s degree are essential for the general category. Five percent relaxation in aggregate scores in Senior Secondary, Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees will be applicable for candidates from the reserved categories [(OBC (non-creamy layer; NCL), SC/ST, and PwD]. Rounding off percentage score to the next integral value is not permitted.
- Candidates appearing for the qualifying examination in the current academic year are eligible to apply; they will be admitted provisionally pending satisfactory fulfilment of the eligibility requirements at the time of joining.
- Reservations of seats: 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST, 27% for OBC (NCL) and 3% for persons with disability (PwD) as per statutory norms.
Selection procedure :
- NII will select candidates for the Ph.D. programme through the following two Channels:
Channel# 1: Computer-based Entrance Examination, NII-2022 to be conducted by NII at multiple centres across India on 20th February 2022 (Sunday).
Channel# 2: Joint Graduate Entrance Examination in Biology and Interdisciplinary LifeSciences (JGEEBILS-2022).
Candidates must appear in at least one of the two examinations mentioned above. Candidates will be short-listed for an interview based on their scores in either NII-2022 or JGEEBILS-2022.
- The list of candidates short-listed for interviews shall be available on the NII website and Notice Board on or before 10thMarch, 2022.
- Interviews will be held online during 7th June , 2022- 14th June, 2022. The final list of selected candidates will be displayed on the NII website and notice board of the institute within a week of the final interview.
- Candidates selected will be enrolled for the Ph.D. programme of NII in academic affiliation with JNU, New Delhi.
Ph.D. Programme :
- The programme will start on 4thJuly 2022 and the allotment of laboratories and thesis supervisors will be made by 11th July 2022 based on the interactions with faculty members in the candidates’ area of interest and mutual preference.
- NII currently provides Junior Research Fellowship of Rs.31000/- per month to the selected candidates. Awardees of fellowships from CSIR, UGC, ICMR, DBT or and DST may avail them as per rules of the respective funding agency.
- NII is a residential campus and shared hostel accommodation will be provided to all the students admitted to the program
Application procedure :
- Candidates should submit their applications through NII online application portal only. The details of the application process are available at nii.res.in. Candidates applying through JGEEBILS-2022 must also submit an application through NII application portal, along with application fees.
- Online application fee is Rs.1000/- for GENERAL/OBC (NCL) candidates and Rs.500/- for SC/ST/PwD (non-refundable).
- Online application facility will be available at the NII website from 24th December, 2021 to 18th January, 2022.
- For technical queries regarding NII online admission portal, please contact helpline number: 022-62507725; Email: email@example.com
- For queries reading the eligibility criteria or other academic matters, please contact Tel : 011-26717101,011-26703662 or 011-26703762; Email : firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Name of the candidate and the date of birth should match the corresponding entries in the Secondary School Certificate (10th) or equivalent.
- Candidates must ensure that the information details furnished in the online application are true and correct. If any discrepancy is observed at any stage, NII reserves the right to cancel the admission.
Online Application begins :24.12.2021
Online Application closing :18.01.2022
Admit card available for download : 07.02.2022 onwards
NII-2022 Entrance Examination : 20.02.2022
All dates are tentative and may change depending on the prevailing COVID19 conditions
Women candidates fulfilling the requirements are encouraged to apply
Candidates interested in pursuing research towards their Ph.D. in broad interdisciplinary research areas of Immunology, Infectious and Chronic Disease Biology, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Chemical Biology, Structural Biology and Computational Biology are invited to submit applications.
Applications will be received Online for the Ph.D. programme scheduled to start in July 2022.
Online Applications Starts :24.12.2021 at 2:00 PM
Online Payment link opens : 03.01.2022 at 11:00 AM
Online Applications Ends : 18.01.2022 at 11:59 PM
Hall Ticket /Admit Card
can be downloaded : 07.02.2022 (12:00 noon onwards)
NII-2022 Entrance Examination : 20.02.2022 (10:00 AM)
Interviews with Short-listed
Candidates : 7th to 14th June, 2022
For the details of Eligibility and Selection Procedure CLICK HERE
For submission of the Application Online CLICK HERE